|ASKUS Consulting Services
Home Inspection Training School
and Continuing Education
Authorized and licensed by the State of New York Department of
State, Division of Licensing Services
phone: (518) 827-4852
Owned and operated by ASKUS Consulting Services, LLC
Are you ready to be your own boss, set your own schedule,
help people make important decisions, and join in one of the most rapidly expanding
career fields in the world?
If so, pour yourself a cup of tea (or coffee) and read on!
What Is Home Inspection?
A professional home inspector helps potential home buyers (or
sellers) make informed decisions regarding the condition of the property. This
includes structural, plumbing, heating, electrical, safety and environmental
The inspector then provides his or her client with a written
report on the findings of the inspection, and remains available for future consultations.
Why choose ASKUS Consulting Home Inspection Training?
"ASKUS Consulting Home Inspection Training School wants our students to
be successful professional inspectors. To do this, we not only teach the proscribed
New York State Curriculum, but also include information and material on effective
business operation and incorporate years of field experience into your instruction."
- All Inspection Training Instructors are NYS licensed,
practicing Professional Home Inspectors.
- Our facility offers hands on, interactive classroom
training as well as the State required field training, and more.
- Our emphasis is on graduating qualified, above-average
inspectors to better serve a growing need among home owners, sellers, buyers,
and lending institutions.
- Throughout our program, ASKUS Consulting Home Inspection
Training emphasizes the highest level professional standards and codes of
ethics: those of both New York State and of the International Association
of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI --the world's largest home inspection
- We offer a high-quality series of continuing education
classes that meet the requirements for both New York State license renewal
and InterNACHI membership renewal.
- All Continuing Education Instructors are either State
approved specialists in their fields or are State approved practicing licensed
Professional Home Inspectors.
- We also offer ongoing consultation for our program
graduates. Have a question or concern when you've started your business? Just
- Applicants may be eligible for financial aid, based
on job retraining and/or veterans' programs.
What does ASKUS Consulting Home Inspection Training offer?
Our training program incorporates a series of modules that fully
satisfy the New York State Department of State education requirements for becoming
a NYS licensed home inspector. These are:
Your tuition gets you not only the New York State Department
of State 100 hours classroom training and 40 hours of hands-on field inspection
training. You also receive basic tools, continuing consultation, available assistance
on website development and business operations, and a one-year membership with
InterNACHI (NOTE: InterNACHI membership is contingent on successful completion
of course requirements and InterNACHI entrance testing).
- Module 1: Structural - Exteriors - Roof
- Module 2: Interiors - Insulation and Ventilation - Electrical
- Module 3: Heating - Cooling - Plumbing
- Module 4: Overview of the Profession - NYS License Law - Report Writing
- Establishing your Business
- Module 5: 40 hours of field-based training
What requirements do I need to meet?
Surprise! You do not need a background in construction, carpentry,
plumbing, HVAC or electrical trades. And by the way, women often make great
inspectors. New York State licensing requirements are:
- Minimum age of 18
- Completion of high school or GED
- No felonies
- Current on child support (if applicable)
- No sex offenders
- Attend and pass the four 25-hour classroom training modules
- Successfully complete training module 5 (40 hours of field training)
- Pass a New York State administered Professional Home Inspector License
- Submit licensing application to New York State Department of State,
Division of Licensing
A Professional Home Inspector License is valid for two years.
Renewal requires 24 hours of continuing education credits in each two-year licensing
HOME INSPECTOR QUALIFICATION TRAINING
For those interested in the Home Inspector Qualification Training,
please contact ASKUS Consulting Home Inspections by calling us at: Office:
2023 CONTINUING EDUCATION DATES
- Home Inspector Training for Certification:
the presently required 140-hour training class is offered
both days and evenings. Contact our office at 518-827-4852
to discuss requirements, interview, and enrollment (State required), scheduling
of classes, and fees. Ask about our discounts for Veterans Fire, Police, and
- Home Inspector Continuing Education Units
(CEUs): at this time New York State requires 24 hours of
approved CEUs per each 2-year license period.
- CEU ALERT! NYS-required training
hours are subject to change. Presently, the NYS Division of Licensing Services
is considering an increase of both Training Hours
and Continuing Education.
- If you are the owner of a multi-inspector company
and want all your inspectors to do a CE class at one time, let us know, as
special arrangements may be possible.
$30.00 PER CEU HOUR, unless otherwise indicated
CLASSES, LOCATION, and TIMES
All classes for 2023 will be offered at the ASKUS Consulting
Services Office at 117 Warrior Way,
CLASS DATES & TIMES:
NEW FOR 2023!
This year, ASKUS Consulting is trying something different.
Rather than a set schedule for the year, we will try offering
CEUs on an"as you need it" basis. We know individual Home Inspectors'
schedules are challenging and sometimes change day-to-day. We get it! That's
why we're trying this.
Call the Office at 518-827-4852
at least TWO (2) WEEKS in advance to set up your CEU needs.
We will attempt to accommodate your schedule and present a day or evening CE
session for you. YES, we will do a class for a single Home Inspector, on up
to 6 per session. If you are a multi-Inspector company, we will try to set a
CE session for your entire staff!
Available CEU Topics
ASKUS Consulting offers over 20 different CEU topics--a
total of 72 hours of NYS Approved Continuing Education!
- Health Concerns for the Home Inspector
- Non-Public Water Sources
- Non-Public Waste Systems
- Off-Grid Homes
- Green Building Inspections
- Solar Basics
- Inspecting Log Structures
- Compensatory Techniques for Log Structures
- Decks, Porches & Balconies
- Stairs, Stairways & Stairwells
- Fasteners and Hangers
- Inspecting Manufactured Homes
- Water Sampling for Laboratory Testing
- Multi-Unit Properties
- Means of Egress
- Report Finesse
- Electrical Updates Since You Took Module 2
- Inspecting Around, But Not In, Swimming Pools
- Next Level of Defect Recognition
- Listing Said Handicap Accessible: Is It?
- The Crawlspace: a Building Science Perspective
- How Does This Affect That? System Interactions
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, all Continuing
Education sessions are approved for both New York State, InterNACHI, and ASHI
continuing education requirements.
How do I sign up?
For your security and to protect your information, we do not
accept pre-registrations online.
To sign up for a class(es), please call ASKUS Consulting Services
BACK TO ASKUS CONSULTING SERVICES MAIN PAGE